JOIN, Inc. provides free client services through an assigned Career Training Coordinator. This professional guides and coaches each client in a confidential setting and maintains this relationship from initial enrollment, through the completion of career training, and into fulltime employment.
JOIN’s goal is to prepare each client to become gainfully employed in a skilled occupation that forms the basis for a long-term career. JOIN’s free client services include the following:
- Vocational assessments to determine career interests and aptitudes
- Career guidance and development of individual training plans
- Occupation-specific training for licensure, certification, or accreditation
- Training in resume development, interview skills, and presentation
- Access daily to computer workstations
- Support services while in training
Eligibility for JOIN’s Services
- Individual must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Individual who has been dislocated from employment due to a termination, layoff, or business closing; or
- Individual who is living in a low income household (single or with family members); or
- Individual who dedicated years to raising children, is divorced, and without critical skills; or
- Individual has a demonstrated disability or a barrier to employment; or
- Individual has been separated from military service of any kind.