JOIN, Inc. provides free client services through an assigned Career Training Coordinator. This professional guides and coaches each client in a confidential setting and maintains this relationship from initial enrollment, through the completion of career training, and into fulltime employment.
JOIN’s goal is to prepare each client to become gainfully employed in a skilled occupation that forms the basis for a long-term career. JOIN’s free client services include the following:
- Vocational assessments to determine career interests and aptitudes
- Career guidance and development of individual training plans
- Occupation-specific training for licensure, certification, or accreditation
- Training in resume development, interview skills, and presentation
- Access daily to computer workstations
- Support services while in training
Eligibility for JOIN’s Services
- All clients must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Clients who have been dislocated due to a company layoff, restructuring, closing, or termination; or
- Clients who are living at or below the federal poverty level; or
- Clients who are considered displaced and without skills due to a divorce; or
- Clients who have a demonstrated disability or other barrier to employment; or
- Clients who have been separated from military service.